Stampin Up Caroling Mice Christmas Card

 Good day everyone, I enjoyed the sketch I used in my last blog post so much, I decided to use it again.  This time I made a Christmas card using the Hostess stamp set: Caroling Mice.  Yes, I really enjoy colouring and these guys will be fun to explore many colour palettes.  Another fun fact, even though this is a Christmas card, I used a piece of the Sun Prints dsp as the matt layer.  





I stamped the Caroling Mice onto a piece of Very Vanilla in Memento ink, then coloured with stampin blends.  Night of Navy was used for the card base and a piece of Sun Prints dsp for the mat layer.  Using Memento ink, I stamped the sentiment from Leaves of Holly, the music notes and the "pebbles?" from the Caroling Mice onto the dsp which I then adhered to the card base using Stampin Seal.  The mice image was fussy cut then popped up on dimensionals and placed onto the card front allowing the music notes and other images to show.  I like a finished insert, so I stamped some music notes, added a sentiment and a small strip of the same dsp on another piece of Very Vanilla and adhered to the inside.  To finish the card off, I added some Festive Pearls also.

Materials and Dimensions:

Cardbase: Night of Navy-4 1/4 x 11

Very Vanilla-3 1/2 x 4 3/4 (insert); 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 (front image)

Sun Prints DSP-4 x 5 1/4, small strip for insert

Stamp sets: Leaves of Holly, Caroling Mice

Ink Pad: Memento

Festive Pearls

Stampin Blends: Night of Navy L & D; Basic Black L & D; Cherry Cobbler L & D; Mossy Meadow L; Gray Granite D

Stampin Seal; Stampin Dimensionals


As always, thanks for stopping by,

Mary Louise

Want to see more?  https://bit.ly/MaryLouiseSocial



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stampin' Up! Beary Christmas Patchwork Border Christmas Card

Stampin' Up! Winter Meadow Christmas Card

Colouring Beautifully Penned DSP