Stampin Up Santa's Delivery Christmas Card

Finally, the last of our Christmas in July (August) cards.  I loved the class, the participants, the projects, and Christmas, but I am done with these beautiful cards.  Time to move on to next projects.  I think because I started them a few weeks before the original date, then the class got postponed twice and finally happened a month later, I have seen them alot.

Let's look at what we have.  I'm not even sure now where I saw this fold, somewhere on Pinterest or you tube, as they are my go to spots for ideas.  I knew I wanted to showcase the Santa's Delivery set and this was perfect!  I hope the littles that I will send this to will enjoy as much as I do.






I had already stamped and die cut all of the train elements so everyone took some time to unwind from the day and coloured their pieces.  Then they were adhered to the outside flap of the Basic White piece.  The small strip of Basic Black that holds the sentiment was stamped with Kraft White ink and eventually popped up on the front across the oval cut out, and the Poppy Parade card front was stamped with the "star" stamp using Poppy Parade ink.  We then used a large Oval Die (retired) to create the peek through hole in the front.  Doesn't show everything, but just enough to get your attention.  A cute penguin flanks the oval, he's excited too!  The Poppy Parade card base can now be adhered to the Basic Black piece.  The Basic White piece is also stamped with a sentiment, a few of the Poppy Parade "stars" (I really don't know what the shape is called) and another penguin.  Adhere the backside of the Basic White piece to the inside of the Poppy Parade piece.  It sounds confusing, but It is so easy once you get the flaps going in the right direction.

List of products used and measurements

Cardbase-Basic Black, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, scrap for sentiment

Poppy Parade, 8 x 5 1/4, fold in half

Basic White, 7 1/2 x 5, fold in half; scraps for train elements 

Kraft Ink, Poppy Parade and Memento ink pads

Stampin Blends-Real Red, Mossy Meadow, Ivory, Black, So Saffron

Layering Oval Dies (retired)

Stampin Seal, Stampin Dimensionals

Thanks for dropping by,

Mary Louise

https//.bit.ly/MaryLouiseSocial

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stampin' Up! Beary Christmas Patchwork Border Christmas Card

Stampin' Up! Winter Meadow Christmas Card

Colouring Beautifully Penned DSP