Stampin' Up! Color & Contour Sympathy Card

 Hello folks!  It's me, Mary Louise from East Coast Stamping with Mary Louise bringing you another project from my #sketchingtuesday's live recently.  Even though these colours are a bit bright, I think they are still appropriate for a sympathy card.  They blend well together and offer some light during an otherwise sad time.  It seems as soon as I make a few of these cards for my stash, there are being pulled, signed and mailed lately.  

A piece of Basic White cardstock was cut using the Color & Contour dies as the first layer onto the cardbase.  Next was a layer of the Stargazing DSP which was adhered also using Stampin' Seal with a final layer of Basic White which I stamped images and a sentiment onto.  The beautiful flowers were stamped onto scrap Basic White, fussy cut and then popped up using dimensionals being sure to line up with the stamped leaves.  This stamp set is a two step-so I started with the outline and used Berry Burst, then I used the full flower stamp, stamped off once then applied the Berry Burst over the outline.  So pretty.  The leaves were stamped with Old Olive and the sentiment with Memento.  I also added a flower and sentiment to the insert along with a small strip of dsp.  You can see where I added a butterfly and a few gems to the front to finish it off.  These flowers are dazzling with a hint of Wink of Stella!





Materials and Measurements:

Fresh Freesia cardbase 5 1/2 x 8 1/2

Basic White 4 x 5 1/4 (2);4 3/8 x 3 1/4 

Stargazing DSP 4 5/8 x 3 3/8; strip for insert

Color & Contour Bundle, Something Fancy Stamp

Old Olive, Berry Burst and Memento inks

Wink of Stella

Pastel Adhesive Backed Sequins, Brushed Brass Butterflies

Stampin' Seal, Stampin' Dimensionals


As always, thanks for dropping by.  

Mary Louise

https://bit.ly/MaryLouiseSocial

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stampin' Up! Winter Meadow Christmas Card

Colouring Beautifully Penned DSP