Stampin' Up! Country Birdhouse Sketch Challenge Card

 Phew!  It sure is warm here in Nova Scotia today!  It's only mid afternoon and we have already reached the mid 30's without any humidity.  I am trying to keep cool in my craft room beneath the fan and drinking lots of water.

Today's project is a mix of current and retired using a sketch from the 2024/25 Annual catalogue found on page 22.  I kept my card pretty basic but you could easily step it up using another layer of either dsp or an embossed piece of cardstock.  The sketch shows four shapes-3 rectangles and a circle.  I didn't choose a circle but my flowers could easily be that circle shape.  That's what I love about sketches...they are a jumping off point for your creativity.  Add what you want.  

My cardbase is Granny Apple Green, and my dsp is Hues of Happiness (retired).  I fussy cut one of the many beautiful flower images as my "circle" focal point which is adhered with Stampin' Seal.  I stamped the bird image from Country Birdhouse using Memento and coloured using Pecan Pie and a bit of Pumpkin Pie.  The sentiment from the same stamp set is stamped using Granny Apple Green.  This is also adhered using Stampin' Seal, simply layer it along with the two rectangles of dsp and your focal image.  A few of the Pearl Basic Jewels (retired) finish off the cardfront.  The insert is a piece of Basic White, stamped using Granny Apple Green and I added a couple more of the floral images from the dsp.




Materials and Measurements:

Granny Apple Green cardbase 5 1/2 x 8 1/2

Basic White 3 x 4 1/4 (insert), 2 3/8

Hues of Happiness DSP 2 3/8 (2), floral image for fussy cutting (retired)

Country Birdhouse stamp set

Memento Ink, Granny Apple Green ink

Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends

Pearl Basic Jewels (retired)

Stampin' Seal

As always, I appreciate you stopping by,

Mary Louise

https://bit.ly/MaryLouiseSocial



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stampin' Up! Winter Meadow Christmas Card

Colouring Beautifully Penned DSP

Stampin' Up! Color & Contour Sympathy Card