Stampin' Up! Happy Little Things Birthday Card

Today's project was inspired by a sketch I had seen online from another demo.  I thought it was a perfect fit for today as the colours match all of the lovely lilacs in bloom right now.  

Welcome to my blog!  Sometimes I have a great plan before I start my card and sometimes I don't.  Today I started with a plan and veered slightly once I got to the end but that's okay!  The end result is great and I can't wait to send this to someone!  

The strips of dsp are adhered to the Highland Heather layer using Stampin' Seal and then added to the card base.  The sentiment die cut is the square from the Stylish Shapes Dies and turned to allow the words to fit from the Happy Little Things stamp set.  You will see that the stamps have an outline stamp and then a "filler" stamp which I stamped in different colours.  Gorgeous Grape for the outlines and Highland Heather for the filler.  

Stamping the inside sentiment in Gorgeous Grape, then added the strip of dsp along the bottom, now add to the inside of the cardbase.  Stamping on the die cut using the outline and Gorgeous Grape and the Wishing Stamp, then I stamped a couple of extra times above, not adding any extra ink.  I followed with the You, doing the same only going down.  Next, I filled in using Highland Heather .  This is popped up onto the card front.  The textural Elements are added next and added a bit of colour, and then a few of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish_-

Crumb Cake cardbase 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scrap for sentiment die cut

Basic White cardstock 4 x 5 1/4

Highland Heather cardstock 4 x 5 1/4

Perennial Lavender DSP 1 1/2 x 5 1/4, 1/2 x 5 1/4 (2), strip for insert

Happy Little Things stamp set

Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape ink pads

Stylish Shapes Dies

Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine

Stampin' Seal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stampin' Up! Winter Meadow Christmas Card

Colouring Beautifully Penned DSP

Stampin' Up! Color & Contour Sympathy Card