Stampin' Up! Snail Mail Just a Note Card

 Hello and welcome to my blog!  My focus lately seems to be to use some of my beautiful retired designer series papers that I have in my paper stash.  I'm pretty sure all paper crafters have more dsp tucked away than they will ever use.  I've been paper crafting for over 10 years and my stash shows it!  :)  

I love finding new ways to especially use up smaller pieces and this layout didn't disappoint.  My paper choice today was Snail Mail.  I don't think there's a paper in this pack that I didn't enjoy!  And the images are so easy to fussy cut to use as embellishments or focal points.  Bermuda Bay cardstock is what I chose to accent the dsp which is another bonus as it too, is retired.  

The cardbase and first layer are both cut from Bermuda Bay card cardstock.  After carefully choosing what I wanted for dsp pieces, they were adhered to the layer using Stampin' Seal.  This is when you would put on any fussy cut images you have.  Would be fine without too!  This layer was now adhered to the cardbase.  Almost done already!  Stamping was minimal, a sentiment from Honey Bee stamp set using Bermuda Bay ink onto the Basic White insert and also a sentiment from Butterfly Gala (also using Bermuda Bay on Basic White) for the front.  Using the Double Oval punch, the stamped sentiment was cut out using the smaller oval and then the scalloped oval from Bermuda Bay cardstock.  Adhere those together using Stampin' Seal and pop up on Stampin' Dimensionals over a length of twine.  Add a few embellishments to the front.  To finish up the insert, add a strip of dsp and more fussy cut images and then adhere to the cardbase.

Super simple but packs a punch!  




Materials and Measurements:

Bermuda Bay cardbase  4 1/4 x 11, 4 x 5 1/4, scrap for punch

Basic White cardstock 4 x 5 1/4, scrap for punch

Snail Mail DSP 2 1/8 x 2 1/8, 1 3/8 x 2 1/8, 2 1/4 x 2 3/4, 1 1/4 x 1 1/4, 1 1/4 x 1 3/8, strip for insert.  images to fussy cut

Butterfly Gala, Honey Bee stamp sets

Bermuda Bay ink

Double Oval Punch

Embellishments, twine

Stampin' Seal, Stampin' Dimensionals


Thanks for dropping by, welcome any comments you may have

Mary Louise

 https://bit.ly/MaryLouiseSocial

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stampin' Up! Winter Meadow Christmas Card

Colouring Beautifully Penned DSP

Stampin' Up! Color & Contour Sympathy Card